Sunday, August 23, 2020

No Longer Doing IWSG

I got back to it after missing it for 2 months, only to find that I'd been kicked off. Apparently, I either hadn't read the rules - or, more likely, skimmed them and ignored most of the boilerplate - and failed to live up to the mandate that any writer missing 2 of the round-robin blog hops was dropped.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. I doubt that I will make the effort, at this time, to get back on. I have a LOT on my plate - as, who does not?

So, I'm going to concentrate on more urgent matters:

  • Plowing away at the Pruning the Planet book. I'm more than 1/2-way through it, and have been revising on the way, so it may need little more than some tweaking at the end.
  • Keeping up my journal - not only for notes and writing practice, but, more importantly, keeping track of my efforts, noting praise-worthy events, working out the details of planning my day, and helping me to know what day it is.
  • Preparing to take the AHIP again (insurance agent test). I didn't quite make a passing grade on the first try. It's a VERY tough test, and I say that as one who has taken many tests. I have two more attempts, and then that's it for the year - can't sell for 2021. The stakes are VERY high.
  • Getting ready to return home. I've been staying with my brother for a few weeks, to assist him with home matters and just providing another pair of eyes on his health. He's doing well, and I'm confident that he will be fine when I leave.
  • Organizing my life, once I return. I need to establish routines for housework, bill payment, and exercise - three things I tend to let slide.

No comments:

The Jobs are Getting Done!

First one - finished the Creating Your Life Story in Bite-Sized Pieces. 4 classes, 90 minutes each. Followed that up with a Slack Space for ...