Monday, January 13, 2020

FINALLY Getting Back to the Novel!

I've been stalled for some time. Work pressures, visiting over the holidays, personal stuff like organizing, cleaning, preparing our taxes - all of those took my focus off the important things.

But, on Saturday, I printed out my WIP, and stuffed it into my bag today. I was subbing, and I was pretty sure that I would find a few minutes to do some editing and planning.

Which, it turned out, I did. I'm now looking at page 53, and the work so far has fired me up with hope. It's seldom that I think, Dang! This is good!

I'm doing that now. I'm sure I'll be up and down a few times again before it's finished, but, for the first time in a long time, I can begin to see the end.

I've taken the time to make some cards up of characters/places in the book. Hopefully, this will help me keep on track and not get twisted up in a tangled mess.

If I can just manage to get some quiet time (the last class of the day is the noisy one - there's always ONE class that just gets on your nerves), I'll feel as though it was all worth it - both work on the book, and money made by subbing.

Spending the time on the Insecure Writers Support Group website has been a big help to me in getting back on track.

The Jobs are Getting Done!

First one - finished the Creating Your Life Story in Bite-Sized Pieces. 4 classes, 90 minutes each. Followed that up with a Slack Space for ...