Monday, February 10, 2020

Dying With my Books on

No, that wasn't a typo. It was inspired by this post, from Kristine Kathryn Rusch.

I'm still on the road to getting my first full book out. I've written - and published - a few short stories. But my first book, written in a frenzy during NaNoWriMo, remains in a not-polished state. I liked it, but wanted to make it better, and knew that I could not do it justice just yet.

So, I started another book - one that, as I edit the first half for continuity issues - really excites me. I like the character development, the dialogue, and the plot. I've been nearly halted on it for over 2 months, due to just awful knee issues that have kept me from doing much of anything, and have left me badly sleep-deprived.

I came to a decision today - no matter how I feel, no matter how scattered my thoughts, I need to suck it up and finish the book. I've been doing a lot of blog reading and writing for the last couple of months - just had no energy for more.

I have no idea how I'm going to manage this. I just know I have to do it. So, I'll likely not be doing too much blogging - maybe 2-3 times a week, if that. The Republic will just have to manage, until I get that book finished.

And, to be honest, although it's entertaining, politics, at this time, is less scary than it's been for a long time. After seeing Trump manage that Impeachment debacle, I've decided to have some confidence in him.

I'll periodically update here about my progress - perhaps, once a week.

No comments:

The Jobs are Getting Done!

First one - finished the Creating Your Life Story in Bite-Sized Pieces. 4 classes, 90 minutes each. Followed that up with a Slack Space for ...