Thursday, February 04, 2021

Summing Up January's Output

On one hand - great!

I managed to make some real progress on my new short story, On the Front Edge of the Storm.

At least, it STARTED as a quick short. At this point, I'm at almost 8,000 words, and I'm barely started. I may take a look at it next week, and see if I can split it into several parts, and serialize it. I can always put it back together in one book after I finish.

I won't be tackling that task this week; I have to:

  • Work - HARD - on my CEUs for my renewal of my insurance license. I only have until the end of March to renew (and, I'm assuming that the process of vetting the CEUs, getting the paperwork/online app done and paying for it will take a few days, too).
  • Getting my preparation for my first online class. I've got a 4 week gig teaching Writing Your Life Story in Short Bites - will use episodic format to help seniors get it all in one place, for future generations to have available. I've got the framework, now I need to create the ppt, a couple of short tasks for the class, and put the instructions into a pdf format.
  • Continuing radio work and housework. They are both coming along, little by little.
  • Taxes - I really don't know why (oh, I REALLY do!), but I always get stuck with the organization and figuring out how much we have in deductions in different categories, as well as making sure all the forms - W-2s and other income - are in one place. Den has promised to get his small part done (he figures out the mileage, and does a last check to make sure that I haven't forgotten something deductible). That's the part that, year after year, stays stalled for weeks/months.
And, a lot of other little things that have to be done, that others don't want to do. It's the price of not working a full-time, on site job. When you work from home, everyone thinks you have nothing to do but sit and watch daytime TV.

I don't even LIKE TV.

No comments:

The Jobs are Getting Done!

First one - finished the Creating Your Life Story in Bite-Sized Pieces. 4 classes, 90 minutes each. Followed that up with a Slack Space for ...